- Build your own electric car, by Bob Brant and Seth Leitman. This book gives a good introduction to electric vehicles. It is available from Jaycar in Australia.
The end of the oil age and inevitable demise of the internal combustion engine will see hybrid and electric vehicles as part of the future. This comprehensive volume will tell you everything you could ever want to know about electric cars: history, evolution, motors, batteries, chassis design, aerodynamics, conversions and more. Hundreds of photos, diagrams, tables, charts and formulas. It also has a resource section with suppliers and further information. Build the ultimate DIY project.
- Alternative Cars in the 21st Century A New Personal Transportation Paradigm 2nd Edition by Robert Q Riley. See the vision and the steps to get there.
- The Automotive Chassis Volumes 1-Component Design and Volume 2-System by Morello and Genta. A comprehensive look at chassis system design.
"The Car that Could: The inside story of GMs revolutionary Electric Vehicle" by Michael Shnayerson. This book gives a behind the scenes look at the politics that went on.
- Tay R, 2000 Tin cans versus assault vehicles: the role of crashworthiness and non-aggressiveness in vehicle safety design, promotion and regulation
- Drive slowly and prosper, featuring John Whitelegg, ABC Radio National, National Interest.
- Trends and Products: electric cars, featuring William Mitchell talking about the MIT CityCar concept, ABC Radio National, By Design.
- The Australian Electric Vehicle Association Brisbane: Welcome to B-AEVA (the Brisbane branch of the Australian Electric Vehicle Association Inc., non-profit, est. 1973)! We're enthusiasts of electric travel (quiet, non-polluting, and achievable now) and would love you to join the club.
- EVRIC: Useful information on converting electric cars in Australia.
- EV Search: Electric vehicle search engine
- EV World: News.
- Green Car Congress: News.
- Metric Mind Engineering: AC drives and components.
- MightyBoy EV: Good information on a very tidy conversion.
- SusProg3D : Suspension Design Software
- Greenmotorsports: AC motor package/components.
- Thunderstruck-ev: AC motor package/components.
- EV Components : Lithium Batteries
- Ecolostation and Scooter hybride: Information on a hybrid scooter motor that may be suitable for a hybrid, long-range Trev (in French).
- Wikipedia article on the GM EV1, an electric car produced and leased by the GM from 1996 to 1999.
|mass (kg)||power (kW)||vehicle|
|59||3||1963 Peel P50|
|300||20||2007 Trev prototype|
|340||20||2010 Trev (Zero Race version)|
|584||41||1961 Austin Mini Cooper|
|664||33||1958 Austin-Healey Sprite|
|1080||47||2009 Mitsubishi iMiEV|
|1424||136||2007 GM Chevy Volt prototype|
Electric recharge infrastructure news
- California, USA : Coulomb Technologies
- Canberra, Australia : A Better Place
- CSIRO UltraBattery: A high-power battery for hybrid cars. (Specific energy is likely to be too low for a pure EV.)
International standards news